The PAVERART Compass Rose Paver Kit Collection: Endless Possibilities & New Versions......
Updated: Jun 1
The PAVERART Compass Rose collection is clearly our most popular series of kits.
If you haven't checked out our entire PAVERART Compass Rose collection you can find it under the Residential menu bar, or you can use this link.
And one thing that always surprises us?
Our CUSTOMER's imagination always seems to help us create new versions & applications of our best selling series!
"I want it in front of our hammock, a new resting alcove section away from the dining area section of our patio!"
"Can you put a custom center-emblem of flames in the middle of the compass rose?"
Just recently, a customer really challenged us.
* Color matching to the house was important
* Glow in the dark was important
* "Primary intercardinal directions" - NE, SE, SW, NW were important, wanted them less prominent than the "Cardinal Directions" - N, E, S, W, can they be a smaller font size?
* Space constraints are a real challenge, only have 4' to play with!
How do we think through these challenges?
* Colors are usually the easiest to solve, 20 colors in stock almost always is enough to solve that. Making a custom color is also an option for larger projects. almost always are solvable with our wide array of colors
* Glow in the dark - This one's a wild-card. To the best of our knowledge, PAVERART is the only company that consistently has Glow in the Dark Paver material. But it comes from Europe, so when inventory is low, product coming from across the world on a boat takes patience. And of course, something that is rare is usually relatively expensive. But when we have it in stock, it's breath-taking!
* SPACE constraints are almost always are biggest challenge. We have one principle we try and never violate: Built to Last. If our designs can't outlive US, we won't do it, we talked about it in this field trip post.
Usually there's always a solution to create detail and still get the paver piece sizes wide enough to pass our strength tests. BUT, it requires multiple design versions, back and forth and maybe above all? PATIENCE.
One pleasant outcome of designing a new PAVERART Compass Rose?
It tends to ignite MORE creativity.
Within a week, Brian (our plant manager and lead designer) steps forward:
"I like what this customer has come up with. Here's some other versions. Pick one, lets build it."
So we put the 5 new versions on a simple sheet labeled A-E, post it to social media and within a day get over 50 opinions on their favorite. There's always a theme that emerges and we always value people's opinion, feedback is invaluable. We'd love your opinion as well, let us know what you think.